Friday, March 17, 2006

Bands that make you ask......Why?

Wow what a fantastic start. 3 posts, 2 by me and one very funny one from Will. That's okay, most of you were secretly watching the begining of the NCAA's, by the way I was dead-on about Syracuse.

Here's some food for thought over the weekend as you listen to the Pogues, eat corned beef, talk about some ficticious relative from the Ol' country, and puke up green beer.

Name a few artists/bands that are highly revered by music listeners, but you just can't fiqure out why. No reasons needed.

For me it would be-
*Tom Waits, his voice drives me insane while droning on through some paint drying tempo ballad.
* The Velvet Underground. Don't see the "genius" of Lou Reed.
* Miles Davis, wow did I just hear some people scream at their monitors. Sorry, I don't get it, maybe I haven't given him enough of an ear, and I would like to get into him more, but as of now, nothing. It often sounds like 6 guys playing their own tunes.

Again I understand that this whole blog might have been ripped from everyone's "favorites" list, chalked up as some musically uninformed ass. Oh well.

Who's on your list?

4 Comments:

At 9:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jogger, I mean Blogger, what are you doing up at 1:17 am on a school night, you crazy!!

Did I hear that Miles Davis was just inducted into the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame? HUH???

The band that bugs the crap out of me has to be Bad Company, I know everyone is reading this and saying GURRRL you are crazy, but they really rub me the wrong way, kinda like nails on a chalkboard.

 
At 1:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm like that with Boston also

 
At 6:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bullet,

Since when is Friday a school night??

I have to say that any early eighties metal band turns my stomach now. Maybe because I heard them at too many junior high dances....

If you want to get a good laugh sometime just watch VH1 Classic when they play all of the old videos. I can't believe those videos were considered cutting edge. Definitely notice the hair.

 
At 7:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm never coming here again, you people are all crazy.

Don't like Velvet Underground!
Don't like Bad Co.!
Don't like BOSTON!

You're killing me! Leave it to someone named Chas to be the only one to make sense.

Beebs.

PS - Hi Bullet!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home