Thoughts on I-Tunes
I admit there are alot of things I really like about I-tunes, and other similar sites.
-Being able to sample a song 1st is a great way to discover new bands
-Downloading just one song saves you cash unlike days of yore when you bought the whole album for 2 songs and hoped for a surprise in another song
-MP3/ACC and all the other compressed music formats make an IPOD an amazing way to store and carry your entire music collection with you
Those are the obvious good things.
How about some not-so-good things
-Are the days of reading an album/cassette/or cd liner notes from start to finish as you listen to the WHOLE album gone?
-Will cover art eventually fade away?
-I know as someone whose attention span is as long as a, hold on I have to change the channel on the TV, whoa, phone's ringing, okay I'm back. Oh yeah, this new format has me struggling to listen to an entire song before just clicking to the next better song, and this goes on and on and on until I've listened to 15 songs in 2 1/2 minutes. Yes a time saver, by why save time when listening to music?
-Will we stop finding that hidden gem of a song burried at the end of the cd or 2nd side of an album? Now we don't even know where the beginning and end of cd's are.
-Will we lose connection with the band, already I find myself saying "oh I like that song, who is that again" maybe that's just age, but I think some of it is the lack of a tangible product.
-Will we miss the fun of browsing a cd shop (not mega store) and losing track of time as you search from artist to artist in some stream of musical conscious (sp?)?
Who knows?
Any thoughts out there?
See ya

3 Comments:
Yea, one queston:
Is the time of your post correct? 5:13 A.M.??? If so, I think that you should either see a doctor about you condition or invite me to those mid-week parties that you have been attending.....
Yeah now that I have this well attended blog I'm meeting so many new people and partying all hours.
Maybe I'll check with my I.T. staff about fixing that.
IT here....sorry about that sir, I should have noticed that those grips were a bit warn....
Look under the settings,formatting, you might be in the wrong time zone?
Post a Comment
<< Home