Thursday, April 06, 2006

Bullet's CD has hit your mailbox!

I know what you're asking "What kind of blog is this where the posts are so few and far between?" Well I like to leave my always in depth thought provoking questions/lists out there for all to read, ponder, and comment on. Yes the comments are a little lite, (even including the "hi how are you" comments) but we'll get them ramped up as we progress.

Sorry for the long span prior to this post, I've been busy hangin' out by the state line turning holy water into wine, a busy job.

Yes Bullet's cd has dropped. I nice mix of mostly the singer-songwriter genre with sprinkles of"harder" groups like the White Stripes.

Remember, by no means am I here to critique anyone's submission, just offering up a place for others to trade thoughts on the latest cd (#14 for anyone counting).

For me you can't go wrong with Tom Petty and Johnny Cash. Colin Hay's cd "Peaks & Valleys" is a really good acoustic album, released on his own label "Lazy Eye Records." His line from Beautiful World "Where a man can be free, or a women if you are one" used to bug the crap out of me, but now I find it brilliantly quirky.
I like the Jeep MacNichol tune also, I still think he should go back to The Samples, we'll see.
I also liked the Ryan Adams, Pete Yorn, Beck, and Josh Rouse songs.

Thanks Bullet

What are others thinking?

"I'm From New Jersey" 3/06
1) Beautiful World -Colin Hay
2)I'm from NJ -John Gorka
3)Beer Can-Beck
4)Heaven Right Hear- Jeb Loy Nichols (should be on the cool name list)
5)Jackson- J. Cash
6)Trouble- L. Wright
7)Angel Dream- Petty
8)Staple it Together- J. Johnson
9)Love of Mine- Richard Julian
10)Little Ghost- The White Stripes
11)Mr. Greene- Jeep MacNichol
12)Leaving LV- S. Crow
13)Conceived-B. Orton
14)Heavy Things-Phish
15)Sunday Girl-Blondie
16)Fix You-Coldplay
17)Life on a Chain-P. Yorn
18)My Doorbell- White Stripes (love this song)
19)Firecracker- Ryan Adams (check his song "#29")
20)You Don't make it easy baby- J. Rouse

6 Comments:

At 11:02 AM, Blogger Chuck said...

Dear Mr. Idol,

I think I need to update my record collection! Short of your Billy Idol line and about 4 of the people in your list, I don't know any of the artists or songs!

Of course, the use of the word "record collection" was not by accident, so maybe that says it all.....

Your truly,

ClassicRocker.

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger Chuck said...

PS - Hari, I'm planning on linking you to the "now defunct" MofC blog, hope that's alright?

This should increase your readership by at least 3! Not many but loyal none-the-less! Plus Paynter's got some good musical knowledge, he might be able to contribute something

As soon as I get the legal matters settled, the blog could be back in business anyway...

 
At 12:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That March CD Rocks! Fix You is probably my favorite, rocks my world.

 
At 5:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah I agree, that Coldplay is the only cd I've bought in the last year.

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger Chuck said...

I'm listening to "Death cab for cutie" on XPN as I type...my "realm" is expanding.

 
At 10:41 PM, Blogger Gregg said...

Anyone who likes Ryan Adams check out Willie Nile. He's got a song out now called "Cellphones ringing in the pockets of the dead" that's sounds alot like Ryan Adams.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home