Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Interesting Post or Filler? You Decide

Wow! I'm so honored that someone took the time to check in to my ever insightful, hard-hitting, thought provoking blog and bash it. That's where my blog ego has fallen to, being excited by ugly comments.

Well I've been busy building an entertainment center for my family room, rebuilding a swingset, attempting to keep my yard from looking any crappier, and learning to play the oboe. One of those is not true, you pick.

So what cool songs are playing in you IPOD you ask. Well I ain't "Joshin'" you when I tell you I've been spinning a couple from some Josh's. What?
Josh Ritter's "Wolves" is a cool new tune with cool lyrics like "I was singin' without knowin' the words" (been there)
Josh Rouse's "His Majesty Rides" is another cool easy groovy tune.
INXS' "Never Let You Go" and "Afterglow" have worked there way into the most recently played section of the IPOD.
Milton's "Club Life" Yes I'm still pushing this guy, I hope he makes it!

If I were to add a list of the top 5 requested songs from Coop (he's 4) in the back seat it would look something like this;
5) The Talk of the Town- Jack Johnson
4) The Talk of the Town-Jack Johnson
3) The Talk of the Town- Jack Johnson
2) The Talk of the Town- Jack Johnson
And coming in at #1 is............
1) The Talk of the Town- Jack Johnson
This song has been his most requested song since "Gasolina" on Tommy N.'s cd last summer.

Haven't watched much TV lately, but thanks to the invention of the DVR I can watch what I want when I want! Finally selfish tv viewing is a reality! I watched "Dog Bites Man" or is it "Man Bites Dog"? Anyway it was a pretty funny sitcom spoofing a news team in Spokane Wash. starring one one of The Daily Show Alums. It has an Office feel to it. I only saw one, but I'll check it out again.
I also enjoy Entourage, Kevin Dillon is great. Chuck, there's something in him that reminds me of you.


What? You want to know what books I'm reading also?
"The Last Templars"- another DaVinci Code inspired book, so far pretty good. It's the first book by a guy who's a screenwriter by trade so it tends to read like a movie at times, but so far pretty entertaining.
"Honeymoon with My Brother"- a true story about a guy who gets dumped days before his wedding, but decides to have the reception anyway and then take his brother on the honeymoon. I think they end up quitting their jobs and going on a multi-country trip. I'll keep you up to date on it.
I'm waiting for "Congratulations you've just met the IFC" a book written by an ex-leader of a gang of soccer hooligans from London. While living in London I had the chance to go to a soccer match at the infamous Lions Den to watch Millwall. That place is legendary for it's unruly fans and antics. Great fun. Just remember though, "SOCCER IS A GENTLEMEN'S GAME PLAYED BY HOOLIGANS AND RUGBY IS A HOOLIGANS GAME PLAYED BY GENTLEMEN!"


That's all the excitement I could drum up for now.
Pictures of my projects to follow.

Maybe we'll do some fun old sitcom talk next?

4 Comments:

At 8:52 AM, Blogger Chuck said...

I don't take kindly to blog-bashers.

Generally they are antisocial, uncreative types who can't muster up the courage to write their own blogs knowing all too well they would in turn be shredded by their readers, further fueling their feelings of self-loathing.

So instead they spend their time surfing the blog-o-sphere and leavning comments on other peoples blogs for kicks. Sad really...

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger Chuck said...

oh yeah, since I hear your yard looks really bad, how are the Oboe lessons coming?

I think it's the goatee.

 
At 4:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're right about my yard and the Oboe is coming along quite swimmingly.

 
At 9:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hari,

I'm waiting for a picture of you playing the oboe. Please oblige.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home