Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Will Meekin' s Wonderland Surprise



This CD has more flavors than Baskin Robbins. He's got soul, rap, rock, country (or is it western? because as you know Bob of Bob's Country Bunker says "We've got both kinds of music here, country AND western."), rock, pop, spoken word, new wave, and other stuff.

Someone spent time at Gillians Wonderland Pier last summer, as evidenced by the cover. The liner notes are very entertaining and often informative, wow a two-fer.

Why didn't Morrissey just go and kill himself in 1989. Who could have been more of a pessimistic, somber, drama queen than him. STOP IT! Shit or get of the pot, and eat shrooms.

Anyway enough Morrissey bashing get those TPS reports filled out and handed in. Gotta love the Geto Boys, especially "My Mind is Playing Tricks on Me."

Cash's version of "Hurt" is amazing, Rick Rubin is a musical magician. The video is amazingly sad and hard to watch.

Enjoy Will's CD and get ready for Dave B's November entry!


10 Comments:

At 9:15 PM, Blogger PAYNTERinFLORIDA said...

Wow-- Incredible, awe inspiring, breath taking. Killer CD. Bravo. Muy Bien. When does mine arrive?

 
At 4:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree Gregg, the "Hurt" video is like going to your own Grandma's funeral.

And keep your pants on paynterinflorida. Your cd's on it's way today, and you'll be doing the underpants dance soon enough.

Wm.

 
At 6:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's the underpants dance that I'm missing?

 
At 10:03 AM, Blogger PAYNTERinFLORIDA said...

OK Mr. Meek....that certainly wasn't mild, but I'll take it. I see the deal here now...the only time any "member" comments is when his/her disc is the disc of the month. As far as my pants go...I'll need to lose 'em anyway if I'm to do the underpants dance. Looking forward to the CD Mr. Meek .... PinF's review will follow promptly.

FYI PinF saw Johnny Cash 3 times.

 
At 10:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Gregg, I hear what you're saying about Morrissey/The Smiths. I wrote him off in school, but came around a few years ago after reading an article that suggested you listen for the wit and humor behind the moping. And, come on, "Ask" is that rare bird, an optimistic Smiths song.

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger Chuck said...

I like HURT as well, but have to admit I tend to put HIGHWAYMAN & WHEN THE MAN COMES AROUND on repeat over and over again, when I do my own version of the underware dance.

Which come to think of it, doesn't involve and underware at all, so maybe I should call it the naked dance?

If anyone is interested in lessons on how to properly do the naked dance, they are available this Saturday night in downtown Stowe, VT.

Women preferred.

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger PAYNTERinFLORIDA said...

Underware? LMAO. Is this a new "software"....Underware 5.2?
hehehehe

 
At 12:39 PM, Blogger Chuck said...

5.2 is boxers. I've moved on to version 5.4 boxer-briefs...

 
At 5:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

PinF saw Johnny Cash 3 times? Very impressive!
Was one of those shows at Folsom Prison while doing one of your stints?

 
At 10:05 PM, Blogger PAYNTERinFLORIDA said...

100,000 unemployed comedians and Hari decides on a career change to comedy? PinF runs in many tribal, socail, and cultural circles. My last show with Cash was in none other than the old Alpine INN on Baltimore Pike 1989. PinF actually shook hands with the MinBlack. 1st show? 1970 as an overstimulated, and exhausted 7 year old in the nose bleed seats of the Spectrum, as my father (Johnnys biggest fan), piled all five of his sons and wife in the car to see the Man himself. Second show? 1984, Valley Forge Music Fair.

On another note: PinF will be entering the music chapel here in Palm Beach Gardens to give his honest, blunt, and sincere asessment of Meekman's latest installment. If nothing else his inclusionary tendancies has already won him Kudos here at Camp PinFleton. Suffice to say the ecleticism of Meeks contrastingly mighty entry may require a time period of 3.5 days and one litre of Johnnie Walker Black for a true interpretation of the voluminous collection he has laid forth on PinF's doorstep. Standby for PinF's review.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home