Monday, September 11, 2006

PinF's CD

So there you were sittin' around wondering what happened to the cd club. "Has it fallen off the rails, has Pat Robertson stepped in and squashed the club because of evil lyrics?" But then it happened. The clouds darkened, the smell of a storm bled through the air, the neighbors pulled the shades down and the pets scratched at the door to get inside. When all was quiet, the roar of the US Mail truck screeched to a halt at your mailbox, pulled down the little door, gently placed a small white package (no not an Irishman's penis) inside and sped off even faster while bypassing your neighbors.
You slowly open the mailbox, reach in and grab the little white package (if it was an Irishman's penis that's between you and him). BEHOLD it's music, but from whom? PinF? Who the ? What the? Where the?
You look both ways on your street for Ashton Kutcher, was I punked?
You pop it into your player and the clouds part, the sun sparkles, the birds sing, and you fight the urge to toilet paper the trees.

Sweet vibes emminate from your speakers. Lot's of classic artists including Marvin Gaye, Jose Feliciano, Bobby D. and Chicago. how about the Kris Kristofferson tune? I don't think I could listen to that on nice headphones, his deep voice would be too much. I think he's one of those guys who's written alot of stuff we know, but others have recorded it.

What do you think about track #8? Who is that guy, could that be the brother of PinF? Why yes it is. That's one of my favorite tracks on the cd. I don't know if that's a solo track or part of his band Jah Works.

I like the Thievery Corporation (track #10). Very Chill. I think this might be their second time showing up on a club cd. Ryan Adams is another that has appeared multiple times on people's cd submission, as has Bob Dylan and Van Morrison.

I like the Spanish feel to the whole cd also. It'll help me get set for my trip south of the equator in October.

The Gypsy Kings are always alot of fun. FYI- they're from the south of France and sing in a Gypsy dialect known as gitane. That's your trivia tidbit reward for having read this far in the blog, congratulations! Now go tell 2 people that info. or you'll forget it and this'll happen to you in a bar some night;

"no dude, really, the Gypsy Kings are from the south of France and they talk gypsy"
"f you they're Mexican you ass"
"no really, they're French d-head"
"did you watch the Office last night?"

So all and all I hope everyone enjoyed the wildcard cd from PinF in Florida as much as I did. Keep your eye out for his bros. cd, either Scott Paynter or Jah Works.

9 Comments:

At 7:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here, here. The Hari has spoken. PinF was happy to be a part of the club, even if the club appears to be a lame bunch of non-participatory slugs who contribute nothinbg to Hari's endeavour.

You've given every opportunity Har, the blog, the mailing list---I guess people are too "busy"....they should all remember they won't regret no working more hours 40 years from now---but enjoying the little less important things more. Hell we're all busy---difference being? What we're busy doing.....or not doing. Thanks Hari, nice work, you're to be commended.

 
At 1:06 PM, Blogger Chuck said...

PinF must not have gotten my new Stowe address because I don't remember getting any CD's in the mail?

I'm sure I'm the one missing out because he does have a much broader music base than myself who is happy to stick with the good old rock-n-roll.

That being said, I just might have to put a little something down on wax myself.....

So where you headed south of the equator Hari?

 
At 1:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

brazil, for a wedding.

 
At 3:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

brazil, for a wedding.

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger Chuck said...

Is there an echo in here?

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger Chuck said...

Hari, when did you get a press agent?

 
At 2:31 PM, Blogger Chuck said...

Who do you know in brazil?

 
At 2:31 PM, Blogger Chuck said...

Will you bring me back a brazilian? (female please)

 
At 7:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes. Last Week. A Friend. No, but I'll tell you where to get one at a salon near you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home