AMERICAN IDOL
Every radio progam I tuned into last week talked about American Idol. I can't take it. I've only seen parts of the show and it bores me to tears. It's everything wrong with music today. It's people bringing their own style (good or bad), creativity, and personality to the table only to be stripped down and then put back together the way the judges want. It takes all creativity out of the equation and serves up another manufactured musical product. I saw Randy Jackson in an interview explain that if you use a few certain words he listed in your songs it'll help your chances. What?
Do you think Kelly Clarkson, Chris Daughtry (sp), or Bo Bice bring anything new and fresh to music? Yes they're talented, but ordinary.
Would Simon and company have passed Beck, Ryan Adams, Jack White and others?
I compare it to Wal-Mart and the other big box stores. They demand what product they'll carry, and how it's made in order to gain the biggest profit.
I also think that the top 10-20 Idol contestants including the winner are predetermined very early on, and then backed into. I think that the Rock Star INXS did the same thing. I admit I was caught up in that show from the start. I do think that JD Fortune was the picked to be the new lead singer before the show first aired. He was the best fit and closest to in sound to Michael Hutchance. Do you really think INXS was going to go with a female lead singer? Of course not, so why go throught the charade? RATINGS of course, like I said they got me.
I could go on further but I have to go tend to my new backyard hockey rink. Pictures to follow.

1 Comments:
Gretzky, I'm puttin' on the foil, I'll be right over...
Post a Comment
<< Home